Thursday, March 15, 2012

Maybelline Dream Nude Foam: review and swatches!

  The Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam is a newly(ish) released product foundation. Well this post will be short and sweet because to put it simply I HATE it. It retails for $9.00 at Target(pretty pricy), and I will warn you to not waste your money on this product. I saw a YouTube review on it a while ago and figured why not give it a try they had good things to say about it. It is simple to use; just shake and push then boom you have a clowed of foamy foundation. BUT the coverage is hardly there. It has lighter coverage than a tinted moisturizer, and for someone like myself who likes full coverage it sucks. The color is also way off. I got it in the color Classic Ivory which is the second to lightest shade they sell and it is WAY to orange for my skin tone.

  As you can see from the white line over to the left is where I started to blend it out; and from the white like to the right is my skin town. Does not match at all. Just makes me look like I have been spending too much time in a tanning bed. It also dries funny. Leaving a sticky dirty feeling on my face. YUCK!

  I will say that the one thing that I do like about it is the smell. It has SPF 16 sunscreen in it and I love the smell of sunscreen. Just smelling this foundation makes me want summer so much more.

  Overall it is a pretty cool idea for a product, and it definitely sold me when I first heard of it. A foundation that foams! So cool. But for the price and quality I was not impressed, just let down. Has anyone else had better luck with the foundation? I know Revlon makes a foaming foundation, is that one any better?



P.S. there will be a post soon on my nails! stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment