Sunday, February 19, 2012

elf glitter gloss review


So today I took a little trip to target and was presently surprised when I found that a lot of their cosmetics were on sale! Of course being a compulsive shopaholic I had to indulge in a little bargain shopping on one of my favorite items, makeup! Although I did get a couple different things one of the items I was most surprised by  would have to be the elf glitter gloss. They usually run for $3.00 but I was lucky enough to get them at the sale price of $2.10. I only picked up two because they were the only two colors that were on sale, here is a quick swatch.

They are in the colors glam guava on the left, and crystal cranberry on the right. Although the glitter does not show on camera well, it does have rather large bits of it in them. Surprisingly however the glitter being large does not run them for me. Typically when lip gloss has large chunks of glitter, it usually turns me off to them because I do not like to feel the glitter when I rub my lips together, but with the elf glitter glosses the glitter is large enough that it gives it a very lovely shine, but small enough that you do not feel the flakes. They are also very vibrant glosses, which for me I love, and the slide on like a charm and stick on threw most of the day. You may have to reapply two or three times but that's it! However they do have a bit of a downside. The smell they give off is not very nice at all. They kind of smell like a childhood favorite, play doh! Which as a kid was amazing, but now that I'm a bit older the smell of play doh on my lips all day is not the coolest thing in the world; It makes it feel cheap to me, which of course even without my super savings of .80 cents the $3.00 price tag is still a steal, so the cheap smell is not a surprise. They can also be a tad sticky, but that part does not bother me as much as the smell. Overall the elf Glitter Gloss is differently a product that I will repurchase in some new shades. If you have tried it, what is your favorite shade in the elf Glitter Gloss? (please excuse my face in these pictures, I am not wearing a drop of makeup except for the lip glosses. Sorry if I scared anyone :) )
 Glam guava a lighter pink color, but in some lights it tends to show up more on the peachy side. They color goes on much more translucent than it appears in the tube, but still has a very pretty pink shimmer.
Crystal cranberry is the opposite of glam guava. It goes on very pigmented and the color shows up amazing. I would say that the color it is in the tube is just a little bit more pinky than the color that shows up on your lips, but it is still a very pretty red shade that is easy to wear daily without being too overwhelming. Wish I would have had this color around Christmas time, it would have been perfect.


1 comment: